How We Work
We are able to cover every stage from your initial ideas to build completion. Including complete drawings and associated documents for planning and building regulations as well as project management services.
Free No Obligation Initial Visit
– We will visit, free of charge and listen.
– Gain a true understanding of what you’re trying to achieve and for what purpose.
– From this point we can collate the information gathered and provide you with a quotation to include all architectural services to deliver your design
Work With You to Produce a Design
– Carry out a full measured survey of the site
– Prepare draft CAD drawings
– Listen to your aspirations and ideas to further tailer the development to your needs
– Give our input on the scheme to ensure that the final proposal ticks all of your boxes and would
satisfy local and national planning policies.
– Approve the final scheme with you – our client.
– Ensure all relevant documentation, drawings, surveys and supporting documents are collated.
– Submitted all documents to the planning department.
– Manage the process, collaborating with the local council to endeavour to gain a positive result.
Here at A & K Architectural Services both of our directors are accredited both locally in Cornwall and on a national level to submit and manage planning applications under the Householder Accredited Agents Scheme (Cornwall Council) & the Smarter Planning Champion Status Scheme (Planning Portal).
Building Regulation Approval
– Prepare technical drawings with sufficient detail for a building firm to construct the proposal.
– Prepare all associated documentation.
– Gather structural calculations for the design.
– Submit all drawings and documentation to Building Control for statutory approval.
All specifications will be fully documented and compliant with the UK building regulations Electrical specification will be fully compliant with IEE 17th Edition wiring regulations and Part P of the Building Regulations. All plumbing and heating specifications will be fully compliant with the Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineers guidance, water regulations, Oftec and Gas Safe.
Click here for further information on protect management services we are able to offer